Reference the model year with the corresponding engine to see if your car has a belt or a chain. Or is it the type of engine that just disengages when the belt snaps? It never needs changing as long as the oil is changed in a reasonable amount of time.

It spins over acting like it what to start, but does'nt.Battery and starter went out first,I replaced those.When i tri... timming belt - 1998 Nissan Sentra A timing chain doesn't need to be replaced unless there is a problem with it. Good day, my name is Clint. Asked in Nissan Frontier , Nissan Sentra , Timing Belts and Chains Refer to EM-15, "Exploded View". Timing Belts and Chains. Shop 1998 Nissan Sentra vehicles for sale in Seattle, WA at Cars.com. Nissan Sentra Service Manual: Timing chain. I am looking for advice on what parts I need to replace/change while I'm replacing the chain I can install new parts so I do not have to do it later. Remove drive belt. I'm planning on buying a 98 altima gxe for 900 tomorrow. It is not to be replaced at 70K, 100K, whatever, unless it stretches or something like that, but unless you just like wasting money, and plenty of it, your chain should never have to be replaced.

Wiki User May 28, 2006 7:10PM. i am assuming this is the timing belt/chain since the gas was being given to the engine wihle the fluttering was going one but … My 98 Sentra will not start. (1) : Timing chain. The 1998 Nissan Sentra has a timing chain. Nissan Sentra. Does a 1999 nissan altima gxe have a timing belt or a timing chain and if it does have a chain does it have to be replaced as often as a belt? About Nissan Timing Chain Instead of a high tensile rubber and fiber timing belt, older vehicles use it to maintain proper synchronization between the camshafts and crankshafts. How do I change timing belt on 1998 nissan sentra gxe? Nissan Sentra Timing Belt Or Chain? there is no replacement interval on a chain. You have to … Get yours at Wholesale Prices and Free Shipping over $50 only here at AutoPartsWarehouse! This Replacement OE Comparable Timing Chain Kit is the best solution in changing your old, broken or worn out part. The simple answer is No, it is not. Search Fixya. Hi: I have a 2002 I-35,, I'm wondering if this v-6 3.5 liter engine run by timing belt or timing chain,,, ?? Some people are of the mind that it never needs replacement, and they are probably right in that most people trade their cars in before they hit 200k. - Nissan 1998 Sentra question. Looking for a 1998 Nissan Sentra Timing Chain Kit? I'm planning on buying a 98 altima gxe for 900 tomorrow. This Replacement OE Comparable Timing Chain Kit is the best solution in changing your old, broken or worn out part. look where the timing chain/ belt should be. Lock the plunger at the most compressed position using a …