Three problems related to emission control have been reported for the 2002 Ford Focus. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. There are 931 complaints filed for the 2002 FORD FOCUS. The following chart shows the 23 most common problems for 2002 Ford Focus. Find your perfect car with Edmunds expert reviews, car comparisons, and pricing tools. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's engine and engine cooling (106 problems). 2002 Ford Focus cooling system problems with 29 complaints from Focus owners. Overall the worst problem category is Ford Focus accessories - interior problems. 170 hp 145 torque, 3 door hatch, 6 speed transmission. Find out if your 2002 Ford Focus is affected and what to do about it. There are acceleration problems and the car has completely lost power on at least one occasion while driving on the highway. Often, when she first starts it up in the morning, it starts up really rough and the … This is a engineering defect, because our grommet broke and the hood fell on my husband and I. I ordered the part from the parts department at the dealer and was surprised it was a $5 part that I am sure will break again over time. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's electrical system with 271 problems. My girlfriend has a 2002 Focus ZX3 hatchback, 4-cylinder, and for quite some time she has had some problems with the car starting, particularly after it has sat overnight. 2002 Ford Focus engine problems with 234 complaints from Focus owners. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Plenty of power off the line, clutch is pretty decent, for a 2002 car it handles very well great in the corners. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2002 Ford Focus based on all problems reported for the 2002 Focus. 2002 Ford Focus exhibits engine hesitation when the fuel tank is below 1/4 full. Below is a list of complaints & problems filed against the 2002 FORD FOCUS.These problems includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. This began to happen with 80,000km on the car and now always happens when driving at highway speeds with only 1/4 tank of gas. 2002 Ford Focus SVT 2002 Ford Focus SVT 2.0 Dual Overhead Valve engine. The worst complaints are engine failure, engine stalls/dies while driving, and runs rough. The 2002 Ford Focus is a wonderful small car that's fun to drive, frugal with fuel and offered in such a wide variety of configurations it would be hard not to find one that suits your needs. My 2002 Ford Focus has a plastic grommet that holds the base of the hood prop in place. 956 problems have been reported for the 2002 Ford Focus. The worst complaints are leaking thermostat housing, cracked antifreeze housing and tubing, and running hot. The worst complaints are engine, accessories - interior, and windows / windshield problems. Get the latest 2002 Ford Focus recall information - 2 incidents. Save up to $6,035 on one of 4,547 used 2002 Ford Focuses near you. The 2002 Ford Focus has 1599 problems & defects reported by Focus owners.