What is a Bumper-to-Bumper warranty?

The broad delineation between all wheel drive and 4x4 or four wheel drive is whether the car has a low-range function. Hybrid on-demand AWD systems. Research the 2012 Ford Escape at cars.com and find specs, pricing, MPG, safety data, photos, videos, reviews and local inventory.

Seen on: Lexus RX400h and 450h, Toyota Highlander Hybrid, Ford Escape Hybrid How they work: While the all-wheel-drive system in … Ford Escape was developed in association with Mazda and runs on a front-wheel drive platform with optional all-wheel drive. I do not have any buttons to turn the 4 wheel drive on and off and there is no 4x4 emblem on the car. Get in-depth info on the 2012 Ford Escape model year including prices, specs, reviews, pictures, safety and reliability ratings. Ford Intelligent 4WD.

Ford Escape was developed in association with Mazda and runs on a front-wheel drive platform with optional all-wheel drive.

Basically, I'm wondering whether there is more than a badging difference between 4WD and AWD models. FORD is not a party to the transaction between you and your dealer, nor does it control the dealer's customer pricing. I couldn't find one.

Many 4WD vehicles can be switched back and forth between rear-wheel drive using a switch or a gear lever in the cab.

View detailed specs, features and options for the 2012 Ford Escape 4WD 4dr XLT at U.S. News & World Report. I do not have any buttons to turn the 4 wheel drive on and off and there is no 4x4 emblem on the car.

Ford Escape / Ford Escape Owner's Manual / Driving / AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control™ (RSC Stability Enhancement System / Traction control (TCS) Traction control is a driver aid feature that helps your vehicle maintain traction of the wheels, typically when driving on slippery and/or hilly road surfaces, by detecting and controlling wheel spin. ... For 2012, the Escape receives one new exterior color. Ford Escapes can be purchased in all wheel drive or front wheel drive, so double-check the Escape you're looking at buying is an all wheel drive not a front wheel drive. The 2013 Ford Escape's all-wheel drive system is the most advanced yet in Ford's compact crossover. Ford four-wheel-drive (4WD) systems allow a vehicle's engine to send power to all four wheels, instead of the front wheels or rear wheels only. Rather, any and all parts purchased through this website are sold to you by your dealer. View detailed specs, features and options for the 2012 Ford Escape 4WD 4dr XLT at U.S. News & World Report. 4 Wheel Drive 9 Answers The dealer tells me that my 2011 Ford Escape is a 4 wheel drive vehicle. There are no rear wheel drive Ford Escape models. FORD is providing the website solely to facilitate an efficient and easy means for customers to order parts from participating dealers. Typically, 4x4 vehicles will have a low-range mode for serious off-road driving (especially in mud, sand or challenging terrain), while all wheel drive cars and SUVs like the Ford Everest do not offer this mode. It has an electric power steering and independent suspension at all 4 wheels, with struts in the front and coil springs in the back. The Ford Escape offers appealing engines, decent cargo space, the option of all-wheel drive and a nice line of technology, such as a rear cargo door that opens automatically when a foot is waved under the bumper. In all non-hybrid models, rear brakes are drums. The dealer tells me that my 2011 Ford Escape is a 4 wheel drive vehicle. The Ford Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System ™ is a state-of-the-art 4-wheel-drive system that allows you to change your drivetrain settings in order to adapt to a variety of different terrain conditions, including mud, sand, gravel, grass, and snow. If this topic has been discussed elsewhere here, please point me to that thread. 4 Wheel Drive 9 Answers. Get in-depth info on the 2012 Ford Escape model year including prices, specs, ... with either front or four-wheel drive. It has an electric power steering and independent suspension at all 4 wheels, with struts in the front and coil springs in the back.

Starting with the 2013 Ford escape, the four-wheel drive option was replaced with Ford’s intelligent all-wheel drive system.The system works similarly to previous electronic four-wheel drives, but equipped with different software and programming, the newer system can do a lot more than in previous years. Ford's MyKey system, ... With three engines, three transmissions, and front- or all-wheel drive, the 2012 Ford Escape runs the gamut between very green and somewhat thirstier than typical. 13 thru 19 Escape AWD - OEM Genuine Ford PTU PTO Power Take Off Differential NEW (Fits: Ford Escape) With the largest selection of cars from dealers and private sellers, Autotrader can help find the perfect Escape for you. …