Learn more about the 2014 Ford Flex. The Ford Flex Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 7th out of 8 for minivans. by Chris Isidore @CNNMoney July 8, 2014: 3:54 PM ET The Ford Flex is one of the vehicles being recalled. It has plenty of power with the 3.5L ecoboost engine. If you are a vehicle owner, search for recalls by your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). One problem related to battery has been reported for the 2014 Ford Flex. 3.5 EcoBoost Engine Problems and Reliability. The most recently reported issues are listed below. The worst complaints are door ajar light stays on, lost power while driving, and would not start. However, the Flex has not been as successful as original ambitions expected, with sales of less than half the target of 100,000 vehicles that Ford had expected to Ford F-150, Ford F-150 Raptor, Ford Expedition/Expedition EL, Lincoln Navigator/Navigator L, Ford Transit, Ford Flex, Ford Taurus SHO, Ford GT, Police Interceptor Sedan, Ford Explorer Sport, Ford Police Interceptor Utility, Lincoln MKS, Lincoln MKT. Ford Motor recalled about 100,000 cars and trucks Tuesday. Loads of room and comfort. 2014 Ford Flex. I feel like i'm riding in a tank. I like the flex better because it has a higher towing capacity (we tow a small camper and would like to buy a small boat) and I love the interior of the flex. Get the latest in-depth reviews, ratings, pricing and more for the 2014 Ford Flex from Consumer Reports. Thanks everyone for the input. by MannyB from Kingsville on Sun Nov 12 2017 Love my new 2014 Ford Flex. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2014 Ford Flex based on all problems reported for the 2014 Flex. This is a record of safety issues for vehicles of this year, make, model and trim. The average annual repair cost is $713 which means it has average ownership costs. Ford motor company (ford) is recalling certain model year 2014 ford f-150 and flex vehicles manufactured march 1, 2014, to may 31, 2014. the affected vehicles were manufactured with a reduced clearance between the seat frame and the seat track assembly. See the 2014 Ford Flex price range, expert review, consumer reviews, safety ratings, and listings near you. 2014 Ford Flex electrical problems with 45 complaints from Flex owners. It is very spacious and I love that I have two extra seats in the back. Recalls & Safety Issues. The frequency and severity of repairs are both fairly average when compared with all other vehicles. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2014 Ford Flex based on all problems reported for the 2014 Flex. See real-world 2014 Ford Flex brake problems and repair histories as reported by other 2014 Ford Flex owners. It is a solid and safe car. I feel safer in this car than any other one. I love my ford flex. I am a Ford Flex fanatic. Whether you are searching for a new Ford Flex or looking for a used Ford Flex, one of the most difficult tasks is researching which used Ford Flex or new Ford Flex provides the best value, greatest practicality, most reliability, highest gas mileage, best safety features and good looks you want in a 2014 Ford Flex. The most recently reported issues are listed below. At this point, we are deciding between the Nissan quest and the ford flex. This is my second Flex, different model. This year I have not been able to afford winter tires yet with the weight of this car, I have been able to stay on the road. Ford Flex AWD was ranked highest of large SUVs by the percentage of owners who would definitely purchase that same vehicle again. The 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine has proven itself on the good side in terms of reliability. I formerly had a 2012 SEL model, however I recently traded in for a 2014 SE model. One problem related to battery has been reported for the 2014 Ford Flex. Also, see repair breakdown by problem area and cost.