Why RepairPal? The number one most common problem is related to the equipment (15 problems). New cars like the Equinox are using turbo charged small engines (1.5 L). View the 2020 Chevrolet Equinox reliability ratings and recall information at U.S. News & World Report. Or maybe there’s actually a trend. † Based on the experiences of real owners, Equinox quality topped the competition in … 2018 Chevrolet Equinox 1.5T vs. 2.0T: A Tale of Two Turbos Should you pay $30 per horsepower to save 2 seconds? Other problems include the key not turning in the ignition, the engine starting then cutting out and the engine not turning over. 2018 Chevrolet Equinox Repair Histories. Expensive turbo to work on? However, we assume the 2020 Equinox for a good deal of changes included in their refresh. 2019 Chevrolet Equinox problems (0) View all. I’ve had the Chevy Equinox Diesel premier for 4 months now and have just over 7,000 miles. One of the most common and most reported problems with the Chevy Equinox 2006 model is that the heater blows out cold air. You’ll be able to tell it’s a starter issue when you turn the key and nothing happens. Never Overpay. Here are some actual complaints logged with the NHTSA about the 2018 Chevy Equinox Transmission Problems: MY 2018 CHEVROLET EQUINOX HAS NOT BEEN SHIFTING INTO HIGH GEAR (6TH) FOR SEVERAL WEEKS NOW. The new design is very sleek and classy and there is so many colors to choose from. 2017 Chevrolet Equinox problems (0) View all. Following are our objectives of the 2020 Chevrolet Equinox : 1. Perhaps it’s because there are hundreds of thousands of Equinox models sold in the world since 2005. Redesigned for the 2018 model year, the Chevrolet Equinox features a new exterior design reminiscent of the Malibu, Cruze, and Volt. Equinox received the lowest rate of reported problems among compact SUVs in the J.D. I BROUGHT IT INTO A CHEVY DEALER NEAR ME, AND THEY INFORMED ME THAT THIS IS A NORMAL CONDITION FOR THIS VEHICLE, WHEN THE … Chevy Equinox Starter Problems. The second most common problem is related to the owners/service manual (two problems). 2018 Chevrolet Equinox problems (0) View all. 2013 Equinox Most Common Problems. The 2020 Chevrolet Equinox is the brand's most popular SUV. I have had my Equinox for almost a year now and have had zero problems with it. Recalls & Safety Issues. Our free estimator calculates a custom price for your vehicle repair. If you are a vehicle owner, search for recalls by your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Most of the time, when taken to the dealer, an entire engine rebuild or replace is how they solve the problem. To see how frequently 2018 Chevrolet Equinox problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. There must be compromises to using these small engines? Your auto repair done right, only the work you need with no add ons. Now in its third generation, the Equinox is also one of a handful of compact SUVs that offers a high-powered engine option. The all-new 2018 Chevy Equinox remains relatively affordable with a base price of $23,500, though my tester rang in much higher with an as-tested price of $35,880.