2018 Volvo XC90 engine problems with 2 complaints from XC90 owners. The 2018 Volvo XC90 has 24 problems & defects reported by XC90 owners. If I continue to have problems in the future they will probably have to replace the IGM module. Problems with the Fuel System. Parking assist makes your life much easier. The 2018 Volvo XC90 is available as a gasoline or hybrid model, but both have their own share of complaints. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's electrical system (4 problems). The worst complaints are drivetrain, electrical, and engine problems. The worst complaints are engine light is on, engine. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's service brakes, hydraulic with 5 problems. The following chart shows the 9 most common problems for 2018 Volvo XC90. VOLVO’S BRAKES AND/OR BRAKING SYSTEM IS DEFECTIVE AND DANGEROUS AS THE BRAKES PREMATURELY WEAR OUT COSTING CONSUMERS UNNECESSARY MONEY FOR ADDITIONAL REPAIRS WHEN VOLVO COULD RESOLVE THE ISSU. 2018 Volvo XC90 My Volvo xc90 is the best and I feel safe driving as it warns with many safety alerts. I totally recommend this vehicle. 21 problems have been reported for the 2018 Volvo XC90. Which includes blind spot warning, speed limit warning, when you are too close to a car.