I have owned my 2011 equinox 2.4 L ecotec engine since 2012 and have serviced all of my regular recommend oil changes (at 20% olm level) at the local Chevrolet dealer.

Now, to be fair: Not every GM 5.3L V8 has problems with AFM. Vehicles, equipped with a 2.4L engine, may exhibit excessive engine oil consumption (less than 2,000 miles [3,200 km] per quart [0.946 L] of engine oil), due to piston ring wear. Regarding the oil consumption on your Equinox, it seems like you are not too put off by having to add oil every 1750 miles? Average repair cost is $2,560 at 77,800 miles. It is now making a loud rattle noise. I have a 2012 Terrain and have the oil consumption issue. But if you had a Chevrolet Equinox from certain model years, the complaint for this class action alleges, your engine could suffer damage or even shut down on the road before either of these systems gave you a warning. 8:01. Lot of the same problems. Bottom line, we used about 36% more oil than what GM considers normal. Lawsuit Says Equinox Piston Ring Problems Cause 2.4-Liter Engines to Consume Too Much Oil, Overheat, and Stall July 4, 2018. The oil consumption problems are usually caused by the rings sticking in the piston ring lands.

The most recently reported issues are listed below. It’s no secret that the Equinox’s 2.4-liter EcoTech engine has problems with excessive oil consumption.Now there’s a lawsuit that wants Chevy to do something about it.. Engine problems due to fouled or damaged valves, which can be caused by the excessive oil consumption issue ; A 5.3L V8 engine in a 2006 Chevy Impala SS, via Wikimedia Commons. 16118 – Special Coverage. Still, AFM problems exist. NHTSA ID Number: 10118906 Manufacturer Communication Number: GCUS-9-4006 Summary. They changed the oil and then told me that it’s normal for these engines to burn a lot of oil. GM 2.4L Engines Burning Oil?! Took to GM dealer in Nov. 2019, says new engine or rebuild. Find 2012 Chevrolet Equinox recalls information, reported by the NHTSA, and we will help you find a nearby service center where you can get your car fixed. I drove it for 2,000 miles after the oil change and the oil level was low again. Oil Consumption On Chevy Equinoxes. 2013 GMC Terrain Oil Consumption Recall Settlement In response to this class action lawsuit, General Motors has agreed to pay between $40 million and $45 million to cover the 2012 GMC Terrain recall oil consumption issue.

Many consumers report a trouble-free ownership experience. "Excessive Engine Oil Consumption" ... 2010-2015 Chevy Equinox 2.4L Oil leak fix with ... Lord Alge 32,624 views. Will the dealership fix the piston rings and do an oil consumption test or will have to pay for the repairs myself and probably be out a couple grand. Stuck oil control rings, insufficient crankcase seals, and too much oil in the combustion chambers are just a handful of reasons Chevy engines seem to be consuming too much oil. cj_herring Posts: 5. Went as far as having dealer check levels before oil changes.

There are over 225 complaints on CarComplaints.com related to excessive oil consumption from Chevrolet … After I drove it for 3,000 miles I had to take it to the dealer due to an engine noise which turned out to be a low oil level. If this condition is present, an audible rattle or knock from the engine may be heard. I own a 2011 Equinox and it is doing the same problem with oil consumption. (Page 1 of 5)