My van is a Sept 16 build Euro6 x290 Fiat 150hp comformatic gearbox with 8000 miles on the clock has had the ECU and EGR recalls addressed already. So, if you’ve already moaned to Fiat about your X290 Ducato-based motorhome’s instrument visibility, Fiat should be getting in touch with you (maybe!). I have W Reg 2000 with just short of 40000 miles on the the clock. Some say the quality of the metal parts is inferior. My take is the guy at the dealer is too thick to understand the problem and report it correctly to Fiat, meaning they won't get the proper diagnostic. It's all the other poor sods who have had heaps of problems and expense with theirs. I posted some time ago that I couldn't get my feet warm in winter when driving our 2016 Fiat Ducato X290, with comfortmatic gearbox. I'll report once I have more information. But if you haven’t moaned about this and want the modification made, you’ll need to get in touch with Fiat by phone or via the website. You are currently viewing the FIAT Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to our many features. Register now to join our community of over 125,000 members and gain instant access to all we have to offer. Some say the quality of the metal parts is inferior. The facts are easy to source on the internet and yes some people will have had few if any problems with their Ducato. A brand new Ducato on it's first trip and hits a Pothole and goes into limp home mode, Fiat Australia didn't know how to fix it. According to forums I have read the gearbox was originally a 4 speed design and the 5th gear was bolted on afterwards. Let our team of motoring experts keep you up to date with all of the latest Fiat DUCATO issues & faults. My other Ducato is a Duchess. Fiat Ducato Gearbox Problems – The Cause. Any one know of any problems relating tha 2.8 Ltr fiat ducato engine & gearbox in the motor home Swift Kontiki 640. Re: X290 Euro6 egr pope recall Originally Posted by rayc A friend of mine with a motorhome less than 8 months old has had to leave his at a Fiat Commercial garage as the pipe has split on his and they have said the same - not to drive it anything else breaks etc. I bet if someone at the factory read this, they'd weep at the incompetence of their dealers. The Fiat Ducato is a light commercial vehicle developed by the Sevel joint venture between Fiat and PSA Peugeot Citroën, produced since 1981.It was also sold as the Citroën C25, Peugeot J5, Alfa Romeo AR6 and Talbot Express for the first generation, while the second and third generations are marketed as the Fiat Ducato, Citroën Jumper, and Peugeot Boxer.It entered the Canada and United States … You are currently viewing the FIAT Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to our many features. We have gathered all of the most frequently asked questions and problems relating to the Fiat DUCATO in one spot to help you decide if it's a smart buy. Registration is fast (less than 2 minutes), simple, absolutely free and gives you access to a wealth of FIAT information. The other Ducato is a 2009 L4H2 ('length 4, height 2' – or in other words, a Fiat Ducato with an extra-long body and medium high-top), and this is the project van that we are converting into a motorhome. Are you having problems with your Fiat DUCATO? Common problems for the Fiat Ducato Some problems will only occur after many years of operation, others are related to technical solutions and forced the manufacturer to issue a recall. Fiat Ducato Gearbox Problems – The Cause. Passenger side was fine, just the driver's side that wouldn't get warm. And this is my first post. In the following overview, you will find the most common problems for the Fiat Ducato, for which Fiat has announced a recall through the EU […] > FIAT Commercials > Ducato > (T) Euro 6 2.3 130hp X290 van Flatspot Hey there! Register now to join our community of over 125,000 members and gain instant access to all we have to offer. Don't be shy, come join us! FIAT DUCATO EngineGearbox problems Hi guys Im new to the site. According to forums I have read the gearbox was originally a 4 speed design and the 5th gear was bolted on afterwards. I've phoned my local Fiat professional dealer and they are investigating and are going to get back in touch with more details. Discover the value of the Ducato, the Fiat motorhome that has achieved the highest level of quality in technology, safety, reliability and comfort. Registration is fast (less than 2 minutes), simple, absolutely free …