KTM only puts this stuff on there so you can legally ride down the highway with it. Shop top brands like MST, Highway Dirtbikes, Sicass Racing, Baja Designs, KTM, and many more! 1. Don’t let the factory nerdy turn signals and horn fool you. Anyways, pretty much almost every crf 250L rider has seriously considered the ktm exc (350/500 – doesn't matter) at some point – either at initial purchase point, or afterwards once looking for better dirt performance. Im looking into buying a new bike Im mostly looking at the exc 500 and the drz 400. And for street tarding will be just as fun. Parts and accessories for the KTM 500 EXC! Just got my first, new ktm 500 exc 2017 and love it already, light like a bicycle I am planning to do step by step longer trips on it and see how it goes, because for now I don't feel comfortable too far from home firstly on ktm and secondly on racing bike Anyway I have never been traveling so light before. The 500 EXC is a street legal dirtbike or as most call it, a dual sport. Click here to shop OEM Parts. This … I know, I know – I'll probably get flack. Looking for KTM OEM Parts? But I would do a … Im curious how the exc 500 does at highway speeds with the tires balanced. The KTM 500 EXC seems to me like the perfect bike for ultra light adventure enduro expeditions. KTM 500 EXC. Hey guys, I'm totally new to this forum as I currently ride a honda crf 250L. does it get wobbly? I wont do much riding at 65 mph Id only occasionally get on the freeway. If you want to learn dirt bike riding just add a 2nd bike like a KDX200 or an XR250 for $2,000. (I took mine off and went with the barely legal look.) Buying the 500 EXC and then converting it is going to be $$,$$$; you can get a KTM 690 SMC that is already set up for Supermoto from the factory and has far longer maintenance intervals than the 500 EXC. It's Timeless: While the 2014 KTM 500 EXC is a completely different platform than KTM's first street-legal enduro, you're still getting a race-ready machine.