This bike still comes with a very useable 6-speed transmission mated to the 223cc air-cooled SOHC single, putting the rider in control while operating the XT225 on both asphalt and single-track paths. 19"x17" Motorcycle Clear Windshield For Yamaha Road Royal V Star Virago XT XS XJ (Fits: Yamaha XT225) 5 out of 5 stars 8 product ratings 8 product ratings - 19"x17" Motorcycle Clear Windshield For Yamaha Road Royal V Star Virago XT XS XJ He flew around the track at top speed until it began to overheat, let it cool down, then took off. Read the riders' comments at the bike's discussion group.And check out the bike's reliability, repair costs, etc. Buying a bike starts at Bikez Get a list of related motorbikes before you buy this Yamaha. 2003 Yamaha XT225 . I can easily hold/cruise 65 mph or even 70 mph indicated with the 15. How they do on the highway depends on vibration as well as gearing. A mere 18 miles later, Laura gave up visions of cruising into the sunset, so we had to fake it. The XT225 is a much more serious bike, with few limitations for street or offroad. The 250 isn't quite as wide from low to high as the 225, but it's close. 2017 Yamaha XT250 Review | Street and Dirt Tested. The Yamaha XT225, or known in some markets as the Yamaha Serow, was a dual-sport motorcycle produced by Yamaha from 1986 to 2007. Get the best deals on Motorcycle Parts for Yamaha XT225 when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. The XT225 was preceded and superseded by the XT250. Look at photos. The Yamaha XT225, or known in some markets as the Yamaha Serow, was a dual-sport motorcycle produced by Yamaha from 1986 to 2007. Brand: Yamaha. Inspect technical data. 2006 Yamaha XT 225 pictures, prices, information, and specifications. After direct comparison several times, I went with the XT225. Read the riders' comments at the bike's discussion group.And check out the bike's reliability, repair costs, etc. After much weighing up of the options, I decided to use the Yamaha XT225 Serow for my Americas ride. Truly, there is not a more fun way to kick around town on two wheels than on a dual sport motorcycle.. FAST 'N FREE. I have an XT225, and have ridden a new DR200 several times. Show any 1996 Yamaha XT 225 Serow for sale on our Bikez.biz Motorcycle Classifieds. What Yamaha has done with the new 250 is spread the gears out farther, so there is more of a gap between each gear. Just like the XT350, the 1999 XT225 spells dual-sport convenience, but in an even more manageable package. Buying a bike starts at Bikez Get a list of related motorbikes before you buy this Yamaha. It is a very simple, sturdy but light trail bike with a … Free shipping on many items ... Top Rated Plus. Yamaha styles this bike "the first modern, full-sized dual-sport... for smaller and beginner riders." 7 new & refurbished from $41.79. Lighter, more torque, more HP, 6 gears vs 5 gears, higher top speed and acceleration. No contest. Small, light and exceptionally versatile, the 2002 Yamaha XT225 is the right choice for those who want a low-profile fun bike that's equally great for commuting and dual-purpose riding.